Sunday, March 13, 2011

Things are starting to get productive (UPDATED)

“Betrayal is the only truth that sticks”
- Arthur Miller

So it's been a pleasantly busy couple of days. I managed to get 4 kills night before last, and then another 2 last night, along with my very first ransom (and subsequent double-cross).

The Victim:










The first probes dropped of the night netted me a sig that turned out to be a Dominix piloted by our friend BRONC0 here, so I warped to the mission as usual in my vigil and began to loot and salvage. A few minutes went by with no reaction from the Domi, and I had almost decided that he was just going to ignore me when a Thorax warped in practically on top of me and yellowboxed. I lost a vigil the other day in a situation just like this, and while vigils aren't expensive, I still had my finger on the warp button.
Sure enough, the Throax took a shot at me almost right away, so I warped to the WARCA to switch to my Tengu. Figuring the thorax would be long gone by the time I got there and that the Domi would continue to ignore me, I warped back.

I was of course pleasantly suprised to find that both pilots were still on grid. I suppose after I have done this long enough, my amazement at how stupid people are in this game may abate... but I digress. I locked the Thorax up and unloaded about 3 or 4 volleys of Cal Navy Fulmination HAMs at him and he just dropped like a rock, popping just as the Domi was opening fire on me. After the thorax died, it took me about 30 seconds to get the Domi into structure, and I figured, hey, let's try for our first ransom!


























He didn't even think about it, try to stall, or negotiate. 10 seconds of deliberation and he paid right up. Clearly, I should have held out for more...














Okay, I will admit that I stole the BETRAYAL line from pioneering ninja and eminent scoundrel Paul Clavet, but in my excitement, I simply couldn't help myself.

Anyway, He went boom, and paid me for my time. He unfortunately didn't stick around long enough to ruminate on what he learned, and rage logged in his pod almost immediately afterwards.







Good times.


EXTRA AWESOME UPDATE:

When going through my wallet after tonight's capers, I couldn't help but notice one transaction in particular:














Interestingly enough, the only Kinetic Hardener I had to sell was looted off of a Dominix I killed earlier that night. Weird, huh?

-Vil

No comments:

Post a Comment