Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Furious Anger

"There is nothing more galling to angry people than the coolness of those on whom they wish to vent their spleen"
-Alexandre Dumas

It's been a good week, all things considered. I had one paragon of intellectual prowess give me 75 million to kill his Rokh on Sunday. This was doubly awesome as this was my first Tier 3 Battleship solo kill.


His comment with the donation was sweet too. *hugs*



I also especially appreciated the fact that he was thoughtful enough to help me pad my killboard by putting a Tech II CCC on that bad boy. Nothing says awesome like giving a pirate 75 million in ransom and then losing your 370 million isk ship anyway!

Later that day I had another genius named Dhanistha Athanasia suicide not only his Raven, but also his alt Noctis to me at the same time, which was rather entertaining. I entered a drone mission of some kind to find a Raven and Noctis, both with nearly identical names. I proceeded to fly around and loot only the expensive compounds, thinking this might get a rise out of them, and sure enough, Dhanisthawhatever took the bait. After he shot at me and before I even had a chance to leave the room myself, he immediately warped off with his alt. He didn't dock immediately, so I fetched the combat ship anyway, and when I returned to his now empty mission I decided to just chill for a while. I tossed out a few d-scans, but unfortunately he wasn't nearby.

With 2 minutes left on his aggression timer I had assumed he was docked and was about to give up when to my great surprise, Dhan and his alt warp back in and his Raven immediately starts yellowboxing me. Once the fight starts in earnest he unleashes his secret ultimate weapon.... REMOTE SHIELD REPPING BATTLENOCTIS. I really wish I had taken some screenshots of this epic execution of skill and strategery, but I was too busy laughing to be bothered.

Anyway, the Noctis took exactly 12 seconds (five HAM volleys) to kill. Oh well, better luck next time, buddy. His secret weapon handily dispatched, the Raven went all explody soon thereafter. I had intended to try a ransom, but had a bit of a snafu with my private message windows and wasn't able to talk to him before he popped. Needless to say, after both of his ships were dead, he didn't have much to say.



Last but not least, I thought I'd share a fun conversation I had with a very special uCARE contributor named Transporter:


Cha-ching! And then...


Right around the time I am viewing his info and realize that this character was created in 2003, he, of course, gets all bro on me:


Clearly me stealing his 50 mil and killing him anyway didn't get the point across that e-honor was not high on my list of priorities. I quickly set him straight.






-Vil

No comments:

Post a Comment